HTC Droid Eris owners out there will probably be getting their Christmas presents early. The OTA (over-the-air) firmware update from Verizon for said phone should be rolling out about now. It should be sent to a small group of people first and then slowly to the rest of the users. If you’re curious, it’ll update the ROM to 1.16.605.1 and the radio to version 184.108.40.206.09. Updated features include:
- While on a call and the device is in screensaver mode, pressing the
- End key now takes the device out of screensaver mode, and a second press will end the call.
- On-call mute and speakerphone icon functionality is enhanced.
- Upgraded functionality after activation eliminates the delay users were experiencing in receiving their first call.
- Device now switches effectively from 1x mode to 3G.
- Device no longer requires users to reselect a default email after power-cycling.
- SMS and MMS messaging delivery is improved.
- Eighty-character MMS/SMS message subject lines are now allowed
- Improved picture messaging functionality allows messages from LG phones to be opened.
Next Story: Tegu Magnetic Wooden Building Blocks