It seems that Fennec, Mozilla’s mobile version of its very popular Firefox browser, is just a few days away from release. The browser will initially be enabled for the Nokia N900, and since it kind of functions and looks similar to Safari Mobile, you can be pretty sure that it won’t be appearing on the Apple’s AppStore anytime soon. Some of the more interesting features include the fact that it will be support add-ons, though it isn’t entirely clear if we’ll be able to use the desktop add-ons for Fennec. Those of you who own a N900, are you planning to install Fennec the moment it’s released?
Next Story: Amazon Kindle Files Hacked To Be DRM Free?
- 2011-11-29: Nokia N900 runs Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2011-05-27: MeeGo 1.2 Developer Edition shown off in 30 minute video
- 2010-12-22: Nokia N900 gets Android 2.3 Gingerbread port
- 2009-12-09: Fennec on Nokia N900
- 2010-01-29: Firefox For Mobile Is Now Available On Maemo!
- 2010-07-06: Mozilla Releases Firefox Mobile 1.1 For Maemo Devices
- 2010-10-14: Nokia N900 PR 1.3 Update To Offer Maemo And MeeGo Dual Booting
- 2010-10-28: MeeGo 1.1 rolls out