It might seem weird at first, but it seems that Florida judges have been barred from becoming Facebook friends with local lawyers because the online relation might be a violation of one of Florida’s Code of Judicial Conduct cannon rules. It states that a judge may not “convey or permit others to convey they are in a special position to influence the judge”. Sounds a tad harsh, but it’s understandable that they take steps to avoid problems in the future. Have you ever had any weird restrictions related to Facebook forced upon you? Let us know via the comments.
Next Story: iHat MP3 Headphone Hat
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-08: Mom Checks Son's Facebook, Saves Him From Getting Shot