Looks like the future is pretty bright for Intel’s 2011 Atom chipset platform known as Cedar Trail, as it purportedly will boast double the graphics performance compared to Intel Atom Pine Trail chipset that is set to be released pretty soon. This could be due to the fact that the Cedar Trail processors will be based on a 32mn fabrication process, as compared to the 45nm Intel Pineview processors. However, do tread cautiously as double the performance when measured by 3DMark06 doesn’t mean your future netbooks are full fledged gaming machines either, since a 3DMark06 score of around 200 is still painfully inadequate for most 3D software.
Next Story: Ninja Toothbrush Sanitizer
- 2014-04-13: Intel Education Rugged Tablet Targets Students
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-06: Intel Sharks Cove Windows-Compatible Dev Board Not The Last
- 2014-04-02: Intel To Offer Exclusive Content On Devices Powered By Their Chips
- 2014-04-01: Intel $99 MinnowBoard Max Unveiled
- 2013-03-12: Intel to build 10% of all Apple A7 Processors [Rumor]?
- 2013-03-08: Intel Ultrabook Prototype with Haswell Spoted at CeBIT
- 2012-12-10: Intel Readies 13W CPUs, Dives Deeper in Low-Power Territory