Intel looks to Apple App Store for inspiration

Intel has rolled out a new beta software development kit which aims to create applications for an iPhone App Store-like service, and hope to see this software pre-installed on upcoming Atom-powered netbooks. The business model will also be highly similar, offering 70% of sales to the developer while Intel will collect the remaining 30% which covers all relevant costs needed for operations and partnerships. This software will be compatible with netbooks powered by Windows or Intel’s own Moblin operating system. Do you think this idea will take off? Only time will tell.

This article was filed in Homepage > Computers and was tagged with app store, Intel, Netbook and sdk.
Like us, and get the best stories

User Comments