Those who are interested in multitouch displays available on selected netbooks and yet are concerned about whether Linux is able to offer relevant support or not will be pleased to know that such a case is possible – as evident by France’s ENAC Interactive Computing Lab who cobbled together a video which boasts multitouch support on a PC running Fedora 12 Linux alongside what looks like a 10″ touchscreen display. They were running on Linux kernel 2.6.31 coupled with a modified version of X.org 1.7 alongside suitable hardware and driver support.
Next Story: iPhone app analyzes snoring
- 2014-03-07: Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Through EdX
- 2013-09-17: Valve Steam Box Might Be Announced Next Week
- 2013-07-04: Left 4 Dead 2 For Linux Exits Beta
- 2013-06-28: Half-Life 2 For Linux Makes Its Way Out Of Beta
- 2013-05-22: Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded Delayed Until Late June