[Traveling Geeks] Musicovery is an interactive music discovery online service, with a cool visual interface. It lets people find songs using a 2 dimension “mood graph” based on a famous psychology model (Russell Circumplex). On one dimension it is a variation from calm to energetic, and on the other one, it is negative sentiment to positive sentiment. The mood specifications are then translated into music characteristics such as tempo, orchestral power and so on, and this categorization is done by humans. Musicovery has 1 million monthly unique visitors with 600,000 registered members, 15% of the audience comes from the US (#1).
Next Story: MXP4 Presented by Cap Digital
- 2014-04-11: High Definition Audio Files Coming To iTunes In June [Rumor]
- 2014-04-07: Pykmax Gives The Humble Guitar Pick An Ergonomic Makeover
- 2014-04-01: Sony Bundles Michael Jackson's "XSCAPE" Album With Xperia Z2
- 2014-03-31: John Frusciante Launches His New Music Album Into Space
- 2014-03-25: Linkin Park Releases Interactive Music Video With Project Spark