Osram has just unveiled its Orbeos OLED panels that will target the general market, offering an alternative lighting instrument that comes in the form of discs which measure 80mm wide and a mere 2.1mm thin. They will emit light at a temperature of 2,800K, being more or less twice as thrifty as traditional bulb technology. No idea on when these will be available on a mass market basis though.
Next Story: Salt and Pepper Bots
- 2014-04-10: BMW OLED Laser Lights To Shape The Future Of Vehicle Lighting Systems
- 2014-01-06: LG Gallery OLED EA8800: Slim And Smart 55 HDTV
- 2013-12-31: Samsung Rumored To Increase OLED Panel Production Capacity By 33% In 2014
- 2013-12-02: Samsung Flexible OLED TV Rumored To Be Unveiled At CES 2014
- 2013-10-02: Sony 56-inch 4K OLED Prototype