The ProDigits bionic fingers goes one up (or is it five up with four fingers and a thumb) over a standard prosthesis, thanks to its ability to grab and pick up objects in a totally new manner? It can be controlled via myoelectric sensors which register muscle signals from the palm or the remnant finger, with the alternative of a pressure sensitive switch from a force resistive sensor. The ProDigits bionic fingers will offer an unprecedented degree of functionality for folks who wear them, and this is a step in the right direction towards Anakin’s bionic arm.
Next Story: Acer Liquid A1 starts shipping in UK
- 2013-10-14: Prosthetic Hand Gives Monkey Artificial Sense Of Touch
- 2013-01-31: Bionic Man Featured On Channel 4 Documentary
- 2012-10-31: Man with bionic leg to climb 103 flights of stairs this Sunday
- 2012-09-05: Claire Lomas, a paraplegic, brings home the ReWalk robotic suit
- 2012-05-03: Bionic eye gives sight to the blind