For those of you who didn’t already know, when Sony released the Playstation 3, it was making a loss of about $200 for every PS3 sold. Sony managed to lower the costs and eventually broke even for a while, but with the cheaper PS3 Slim, they’re back to losing money, but the good news is that it’s a lot less money. The latest details from iSuppli indicate that Sony is losing $31.27 per console, which certainly isn’t as bad as losing $200 per unit, right? Hopefully Sony will be able to work things out to get back to the breakeven point at the very least.
Next Story: AT&T Data Outage In San Francisco
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2009-05-14: PS3 Slim A Possibility
- 2009-05-18: PS3 Slim: We've Got a Cease and Desist
- 2009-06-04: What Happened to the PS3 Slim Rumor?