Are you paranoid of being tracked by RFID tags in your possessions? You probably won’t want to carry something like the RFID Zapper around, but it can certainly help you kill an RFID tag or two. Basically what this threatening-looking device does is send a very strong electromagnetic field through the RFID tag, causing it to burn out. As can be seen from this video, it’ll work on passports with RFID chips too, though we’d strongly suggest you NOT try it out on your friend’s passport, especially if he’sjust over at your house for a holiday. It does seem like a good tool to play some practical jokes on people with, however irresponsible it may seem.
Next Story: Inkia MID500 rolls out
- 2014-01-13: Hospital Linen Tagged Electronically To Prevent Unwanted Losses
- 2013-12-02: IBM Introduces RFID Enforced Hand Washing Technology
- 2013-11-10: 3D Printed Guns Go Full Metal
- 2013-09-26: Gun Box Helps Stow Away Your Firearms Safely
- 2013-08-26: Tattoo Visible To Smartphones
- 2013-01-20: Texas School Dismisses Student After Refusing To Wear RFID Chip