Siemens has powered up the Siemens Superstar, a revolving LED landmark that will be lit from now until the day of Epiphany (Jan 6th 2010), which has been approved by the city of Munich, of course. This amazing landmark was designed together with Munich multimedia artist Michael Pendry and consists of a whooping 9000 LEDs, giving out a glow that’s equivalent to 20,000 Christmas candles. If you thought that this is a resource hog, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to know that it only consumes as much electricity as a hair dryer, which is a great way to showcase its green credentials. With Christmas just a few days away, this is certainly a good reminder of the upcoming holiday. Read the full press release here.
Next Story: LG And Sprint To Launch Stylish Phone At CES
- 2013-01-11: Electric-Powered Car Ferry To Sail In Norway By 2015
- 2012-05-08: Siemens' eHighway technology powers trucks with electric lines over the road
- 2011-08-31: Siemens showcases iPad-controlled homeConnect appliances
- 2011-04-06: Siemens has new Aquaris hearing aids
- 2011-03-17: Siemens introduces the iMini: the tiny hearing aid