The folks over at TeliaSonera must certainly be proud of themselves, especially since they’re the first network in the world to offer a commercial 4G service. The service is currently available in both Stockholm in Sweden and Oslo Norway. In case you’re confused, 4G is basically just a faster version of 3G and HSDPA, which will allow end users better speeds.
Kenneth Karlberg, president and head of mobility services at TeliaSonera, said: “We are very proud to be the first operator in the world to offer our customers 4G services. The use of mobile broadband in the Nordic countries is exploding and customers need higher speeds and capacity. This is why we launch 4G services in both Stockholm and Oslo”.
Read the full press release here.
Next Story: Gevalia G90 Coffee Maker For Just $10
- 2014-03-12: pCell Technology Could Help Carriers Provide Better Reception And Speeds
- 2013-12-05: Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- 2013-05-13: Samsung Announces 5G Technology That Offers Gigabit Experience To Mobile
- 2013-04-30: AT&T 4G LTE Switched On In 20 New Markets
- 2013-04-11: Verizon CEO Claims He Convinced Steve Jobs To Include LTE In The iPhone
- 2011-09-07: 4G Networks: Where Are We At?
- 2011-07-12: Put a "tail" on your mouse with the Elecom Oppopet
- 2011-03-03: HTC ThunderBolt commercial spotted, still no release date in sight
- 2011-01-17: Dell Streak 7 to be released on February 2?
- 2011-01-04: Sprint announces Novatel Wireless MiFi 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot