Could the reason for TomTom lowering the price of its iPhone app from $99 to $49.99 be related to the threat posed by Google’s free turn by turn navigation offering? While Google’s offering is currently only available on Android 2.0, it still has the potential to significantly affect the GPS market. Anyway, the bottom line is iPhone users will be able to save a good $50 on the app, so there’s no complaint there, right?
Next Story: Wireless Waterproof Shower Speaker
- 2014-04-02: TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-01-03: TomTom Go Series with TomTom Traffic
- 2013-07-25: TomTom To Add Real-Time Traffic To BlackBerry 10 Maps App
- 2013-02-14: TomTom Rider, A Motorcycle GPS Guidance System
- 2013-02-05: TomTom Launches TomTomTaxi iPhone App For Taxi Hailing Service
- 2011-06-28: TomTom's iPhone App Gets Updated With HD Traffic Updates
- 2010-12-20: Apple hiring staff with navigation experience, new service on the way?
- 2010-04-29: TomTom Is Looking To Offer An Application Store As Well