Those of you who frequent Twitter’s site will certainly have noticed that the main page was hacked around 10pm PST on 17th Dec. The site was hacked by a group called the “Iranian Cyber Army”, and as a result, the DNS for the address was redirected to another site. Based on the message posted, it’s probably because related to the election campaign in that country, as Twitter was a popular tool during the Iranian election protests. Twitter has since gone back online, and posted a message on this issue. The message posted on Twitter’s site when it was defaced read:
Iranian Cyber Army
THIS SITE HAS BEEN HACKED BY IRANIAN CYBER ARMY
U.S.A. Think They Controlling And Managing Internet By Their Access, But THey Don’t, We Control And Manage Internet By Our Power, So Do Not Try To Stimulation Iranian Peoples To….
NOW WHICH COUNTRY IN EMBARGO LIST? IRAN? USA?
WE PUSH THEM IN EMBARGO LIST
- Study Finds That Fast Typists Might Not Even Remember Where The Keys Are Located
- AmazonFresh San Francisco Launch Possible Next Week
- China Bans Bitcoin Transactions Among Banks
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Alan Mulally Likely To Remain At Ford Through 2014
- Virtual Wall Could Prevent Oil Spills
- Follow: hackers, iran, twitter,
- Seen at: pocket-lint