This probably doesn’t so much to strengthen the rumor of Verizon Wireless getting the iPhone 4G in 2010, but it does kind of tease you a bit. When the iPhone was launched on AT&T, the carrier certainly wasn’t well prepared enough to take on the extra data, and as a result of that, they were widely criticized for it. Now Verizon Wireless CEO, Anthony Melone, said that they’ve put things in place already, and they’re ready to support that traffic. So are they prepared to accept that kind of traffic because of the iPhone, or is it their network is generally better and so they’re not worried that the iPhone does join their ship? With Verizon Wireless going down the path of LTE, could it be possible that we’ll be seeing an LTE version of the iPhone 4G in 2010? Stay tuned, and we’ll keep you posted.
Next Story: Windows Phone Ads To Debut At CES?
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2011-07-25 iPhone 4 is still selling well
- 2011-04-05 Verizon iPhone 4 owners report fewer dropped calls than those on AT&T
- 2009-11-08 $99 8GB iPhone 3GS For Christmas?
- 2009-11-17 Verizon Hits Back At AT&T
- 2010-10-13 Verizon Upgrading Its Network To Support iPhone Traffic?