Volvo is the one name that most people would remember for making safe cars, and we’re eternally grateful that they did not hold back their patent for rear seat belts which has helped save many lives over the decades. Well, the Scandanavian company is at the forefront of safety yet again with the Volvo S60 offering a new pedestrian alert system to further reduce unwanted accidents on the road which is caused by a moment of carelessness or unexpected movement. The Collision Warning with Full Auto Brake feature is capable of detecting pedestrians in front of the vehicle, applying the brakes automatically if the driver does not react fast enough. Needless to say, this works best when you’re going at speeds of less than 20kmh. Anyone ready to buy a Volvo now?
- 2014-04-16: Volvo Gets AT&T To Provide HSPA+ In-Car Connectivity
- 2014-04-11: Volvo Inflatable Child Seat Concept
- 2014-03-14: CarPlay Support For Older Models Unlikely For Ferrari And Volvo
- 2014-03-03: Volvo Demonstrates Apple's CarPlay Features In Video
- 2014-02-26: Volvo Human Machine Interface Set For Geneva Debut
- 2010-02-10: Volvo S60 has pedestrian tracking