3M has unveiled its M2256PW display, which is a 22-inch high-definition multitouch LCD display. While multitouch isn’t a new technology, the monitor boasts 3M’s Projected Capacitive Technology, allowing the display to support 10-finger multitouch. While most will probably be wondering why anybody would need 10 finger multitouch, it seems that it might be useful in environments such as computer aided design, digital signage, etc. The screen will have a resolution of 1680 x 1050, DVI and VGA input, anti-glare surface and is compatible with Windows 7.
Next Story: Digital Outdoor Thermometer
- 2013-09-11: New PS Vita LCD Screen Compared To Previous Model's OLED Screen
- 2013-09-03: Video Earrings Are Small LCDs That Hang From Your Earlobes
- 2012-12-11: MultiTouch Creates Touchscreen Capable Of Working In Bright Lighting
- 2012-09-18: MultiTouch develops world’s biggest multi-touch wall
- 2012-05-23: Mozayo multi touch hardwood table
- 2012-04-09: Multi-touch floor for future homes?
- 2012-02-12: Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh gets interactive
- 2010-06-14: 3M monitor detects 20 points simultaneously