Here’s a rather unconventional umbrella concept design. The Air Umbrella doesn’t use a canopy to keep the rain off your head; rather it uses a steady flow of air that is blown out of the pipe to keep the rain at bay. Of course, you’ll need to be able to make such a slim pipe generate enough air to keep the rain away, but it does seem rather cool (pun intended), and easy to keep. Not too sure about its claim that it’s eco-friendly by reducing the use of plastics, especially since you’ll need quite a bit of power to keep the rain off your head, as opposed to making a sheet of plastic once for the lifespan of the umbrella. It’s still cool, though.
Next Story: G-Fi Will Share The GPS Love
- 2013-06-03: Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC Prototypes Shown Off
- 2013-05-15: Erick Tseng Envisioned Electric Display Wrapped Around Phone
- 2013-04-08: Renault Concept Car Boasts Of Neon LED Cocoon
- 2013-04-03: Meet Pars, The Aerial Rescue Robot
- 2013-04-03: Phinergy Air Car Concept