Could German electronics retailer Media Markt have accidentally let slip some details regarding the Apple tablet? Well, according to a tweet by the company, which has since been deleted, the Apple iPad will be going on sale on March 1st. The device will be going for 499 Euros with a T-Mobile contract, or 899 Euros without. Over here in the US, it should set you back a good $500-600 with a contract, or $999 without. Do take note that the US figures are based on the price of Apple items sold in Euros compared to those in USD. If you’re unfamiliar with Media Markt, they’re somewhat akin to Best Buy in the US, so it might have been privy to such information. Do you think that there is some truth in this rumor, or is someone just fanning the flames ahead of the impending announcement?
Update: As you might have expected, this has been confirmed as a hoax. An official representative for Media Markt has confirmed that the tweet was posted by an unofficial Twitter account. Looks like we’ll have to wait another day to get the official answer then.
- Apple A8 Processor Reportedly Enters Production
- Analyst Thinks iPhone 5c Is A Flop Because Of iPhone Cases
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Corning Executive Names Sapphire As Expensive, Heavy And Environmentally Unfriendly
- Nanyang Girls’ High School In Singapore Uses iPad As Learning Aid