Could German electronics retailer Media Markt have accidentally let slip some details regarding the Apple tablet? Well, according to a tweet by the company, which has since been deleted, the Apple iPad will be going on sale on March 1st. The device will be going for 499 Euros with a T-Mobile contract, or 899 Euros without. Over here in the US, it should set you back a good $500-600 with a contract, or $999 without. Do take note that the US figures are based on the price of Apple items sold in Euros compared to those in USD. If you’re unfamiliar with Media Markt, they’re somewhat akin to Best Buy in the US, so it might have been privy to such information. Do you think that there is some truth in this rumor, or is someone just fanning the flames ahead of the impending announcement?
Update: As you might have expected, this has been confirmed as a hoax. An official representative for Media Markt has confirmed that the tweet was posted by an unofficial Twitter account. Looks like we’ll have to wait another day to get the official answer then.
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2010-01-20: Apple In Talks With UK Operators Over Tablet
- 2010-01-26: Leaked Picture Of The Apple Tablet?
- 2010-01-27: Is This The Real Apple Tablet?
- 2010-01-27: Apple patent for Proximity Detector for Tablets approved
- 2010-01-27: iSlate Advertisement Video?