Will robots eventually beat us at everything? It’s going to be a hard call to see whether humans or robots will rule the future, but we do know that a giant exhibition robot built by the Japanese engineers over at Castrol can kick a ball harder than any of us. While a well-known footballer like Cristiano Ronaldo is able to kick a ball at about 130km/h, this robot can kick a ball over 200km/h, which certainly doesn’t give the human race much hope in the event we have to face the machines, does it? If you’re a goalkeeper and ever see one of these trudge onto the football pitch, we’d suggest you run as fast as you can, after all, you wouldn’t want to end up like the cardboard ‘keeper in this video, would you?
Next Story: DIY Aerodynamic Honda Motorbike
- 2014-03-24: Masked Animatronic Robot Dances In An Extremely Lifelike Manner
- 2014-01-06: KEECKER Connected Robot Unveiled
- 2013-12-12: Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- 2013-09-06: First Xbox One Commercial Highlights Everything But Gaming [Video]
- 2013-09-05: “Superman” Robot Lifts 80 Times Its Own Weight
- 2013-06-16: Cat-like Robot Hails From Switzerland