Walmart could be offering the Google Nexus One for a mere $99 if this holding page on the Walmart Wireless site holds more than a grain of truth. This would not come as any surprise to anyone, since Walmart has sold nearly every Android handset to date. The specifications listed proved to be rather interesting as it states the phone supports both 1xEvDO (Sprint and Verizon 3G) and UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900 (AT&T 3G), making this the first time any reference to AT&T’s 3G bands has been mentioned. Apparently, it will cost $99 with a 2-year agreement which is by far and large much more affordable compared to the current $179 subsidized asking price from T-Mobile.
Update: This is an error on Walmart’s side, and we have posted about their boo-boo here.RELATED
- Verizon iPhone to be available around the end of January?
- Samsung Galaxy S handles video out via 3.5mm headset jack
- Rumor: iPhone 4G chassis captured on video
- iPhone 4G in Vietnam seems to run on iPhone OS 4?
- Blackberry Tablet Creates Buzz in Taiwan
- Follow: Google, nexus one, walmart,
- Seen at: androidandme