Folks who are on the Intel Retail Edge Program have received a promotion via email that indicates that an updated MacBook Pro laptop will be coming along, powered by an Intel Core i5 processor. The current top MacBook Pro sports an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, but with Intel introducing its new Core i3, i5 and i7 chips at CES, it certainly seems possible that the MacBook Pro will be getting a processor upgrade. While Apple’s Jan 26th event has been widely speculated to be about the launch of the iSlate tablet, there is certainly a possibility that a new MacBook Pro lineup will be introduced as well. With that in mind, you’ll certainly want to keep an eye on the news during Jan 26th. We’ll keep you posted.
Next Story: More Apple Tablet Rumors Surface
- 2014-04-13: Intel Education Rugged Tablet Targets Students
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-06: Intel Sharks Cove Windows-Compatible Dev Board Not The Last
- 2014-04-02: Intel To Offer Exclusive Content On Devices Powered By Their Chips
- 2014-04-01: Intel $99 MinnowBoard Max Unveiled
- 2011-02-17: Intel ad hints of a black MacBook?
- 2010-01-14: Intel Says i5 MacBook Pro Was A Mistake
- 2010-02-06: Core i7 MacBook Pro Geekbench Scores Revealed
- 2010-02-08: MacBook Pro Deleted From Best Buy Inventory
- 2010-04-13: Apple Officially Announces The New Core i5 And i7 MacBook Pros