Anyone who has been working on multiple computers knows how hard it is to keep everything in sync. There are several strategies that all have their own pitfall, but Iomega takes it to the next level: VClone lets you literally take your operating system, your files, all your (logical) drives with you as a virtual computer. You will boot, work and save in a familiar environment from any computer. When you get back home, sync the changes with the main machine.
In the background, Iomega uses VMware, a PC emulator that runs your PC as a virtual machine on any device. However the company has created VClone, the synchronization software that does all the state updates. In a pinch, your VClone system can also be used as a backup, if your main PC crashes. That’s hot!
Next Story: Shuttle announces new line up at CES 2010
- 2013-10-22: Gold GooPhone i5S Is An iPhone 5s Clone
- 2013-01-21: Woman’s Assistance Needed For Neanderthal Baby Clone
- 2012-11-01: Nova N3 is an uncanny Samsung Galaxy S3 clone
- 2012-09-04: Sony PSP Clone Runs Android 4.0, Costs Only $66
- 2012-08-28: Goophone I5 is the Android-powered iPhone 5 knockoff
- 2012-01-09: Verbatim Store ‘n’ Go Micro USB Drive Plus
- 2012-01-09: Iomega StorCenter ix2
- 2010-01-04: Iomega iConnect Wireless Data Station
- 2010-01-06: Lexar Echo SE and ZE USB flash drive
- 2010-01-07: Rebit SaveMe software and backup drives