Projectiondesign has come up with a rather unique and useful projector design in their FR12 Remote Light Source (RLS) projector. This is the only projector in the world (at the moment) to move the lamp away from the actual projector, and put it into a rack mountable box, one which can be kept a good 30m away. With this design, the light is sent through a Liquid Light Guide (LLG) lead cable, and because of that, the large hot lamp can be kept out of tight spaces. One of the most obvious benefits of this is that when the bulb needs to be changed, you won’t have to grab a ladder and climb all the way to the top of the ceiling to get it changed. The actual nitty gritty of this projector aren’t known just yet, but you can expect it to show up at the Integrated Systems Europe expo on Feb 2nd.
- 2014-03-18: Smart Phone Projector Looks Corny But Works As Intended
- 2014-01-09: Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector: Hands-On
- 2013-10-07: Piano Projector Makes Learning How To Play As Easy As Rock Band
- 2013-09-26: Sony Announces New Projectors At CEDIA 2013
- 2013-08-16: EPICT EPP-100 Projector Is Android-Powered