According to Sony’s Fujio Noguchi who oversees Sony’s e-book business in the capacity as a deputy president of the Digital Reading Business Division of Sony Electronics Inc., the Japanese consumer electronics giant has no plans to introduce a color e-reader anytime soon simply because the new Reader is doing exceptionally well in terms of sales, especially in Sony’s US online store – SonyStyle. As for the Reader Touch Edition, it is the best selling device among their range of e-readers at $299. Sony won’t venture into a color e-reader until existing E-Ink technologies can be brought forward to the future with color included, ruling out other display formats.
Next Story: MiniPC ED510 unveiled
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2011-09-13 Scuba Divers use Sony Reader 300ft underwater
- 2011-02-01 Apple explains why Sony Reader was rejected
- 2010-07-05 Sony slashes Reader pricing