You may or may not know George Hotz (Geohot), but he’s the father of the iPhone Jailbreak, so if you’re running a jailbroken iPhone, you know who to thank. The PS3 has been around for a good 3 years, and so far it seems that nobody else has managed to hack the console. Geohot took a whole 5 weeks to get the job done. According to his blog, he’s currently got read/write access to the entire system memory and HV level access to the processor. Aside from that, he’s also managed to get hold of dumps of the LV0 and LV1 and the NAND without removing it or using a modchip. It’s certainly going to be interesting to see what else he’s going to do with it. At this point in time, he’s also managed to grab a bunch of function names, which is cool. Have you tried hacking the PS3 before? What was your experience?
Next Story: Game Boy Gets Steampunk Mod
- EA Thinks Battlefield 4 Fiasco Did Not Hurt The Battlefield Brand
- Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- Watch Dogs For Wii U Still Alive And Well Despite Delays
- Titanfall Edition Xbox One Console Is Real, But Not Available For Purchase
- Jack Tretton Leaves As President And CEO Of SCEA