By now you’ve probably read an article about Square, which is a prototype payment device that plugs directly into the iPhone’s headphone jack. One of the reason’s this device is rather high profile at the moment is also due to the fact that the brains behind it is Jack Dorsey, the co-founder of Twitter. If you need an extra tech celebrity to further boost the credentials of this device, Kevin Rose (founder of Digg) is currently also on board as an investor. A video of it in action has now surfaced, and it’s pretty cool. You’ll be able to swipe your card on the device, sign your signature into the iPhone, and have the receipt emailed to you. The cool thing about the receipt is that it’ll also contain the GPS data of the location where you signed the receipt, which is certainly very cool.
Next Story: Samsung Apps Released For Various Countries
- 2014-04-10: Square Considered By Google And Apple For Purchase Before
- 2013-12-24: Twitter Co-Founder Jack Dorsey Joins Walt Disney's Board
- 2013-12-09: Square Reader Updated With New Model In Tow
- 2013-07-07: Square Stand Credit Card Terminal To Be Sold Through Apple Stores
- 2013-01-03: Square Makes Card Readers Available At Starbucks For $10