Our friends at Cloned in China managed to get their hands on the ViewSonic VPC08 which was released sometime last year, and this MID/cellphone hybrid is just not something you would want if everything else in your gadget collection is thin and slim. Underneath the hood, you will find an Intel Atom Z500 800MHz processor, alongside a MTK 6235 chipset that caters for the phone system. Apart from that, your eyes will be treated to a 4.3″ display at 800 × 480 resolution for Windows XP purposes, and a 2″ 240 × 320 resolution display meant for the phone system. Internal storage is provided via an 8GB SSD, while you get Wi-Fi, a 2-megapixel camera and EV-DO 3G radio support. Would you fork out $700 for something like this? It seems to us as though it is occupying no man’s land, and we hope to see future iterations that are sleeker if it were to move more units in the market.
Next Story: Corsair 2333MHz Dominator GTX Memory
- 2014-02-16: Dual-Booting ViewSonic ViewPad 10i Now Available For $530
- 2013-10-28: ViewSonic Announces 24" VSD241 Smart Display
- 2013-07-23: ViewSonic Debuts 10-Point Windows 8 Certified Touch TD40 Display Series
- 2013-03-19: ViewSonic PJD8 Series Projectors Deliver Dual Pen Interactivity and Advanced Connectivity Technology
- 2013-01-23: ViewSonic Projector Range Gets Updated With Networkable Models
- 2011-08-25: Fuel efficiency increased with smartphone
- 2011-05-03: Smartphones save Web when traffic goes up
- 2011-04-11: Smartphone users not so smart after all?
- 2009-11-13: ViewSonic V901 smartphone to hit China
- 2010-02-03: Nokia N900 gets Evernote mobile memory tool