While there isn’t any official confirmation on this issue just word, a rumor originating from Taiwan indicates that Microsoft may be launching Windows Mobile 6.6 this year, possibly at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2010. The code name for this version is supposedly “Maldives”, and Windows Mobile 6.6 should grant you full support for capacitive touchscreen displays, which should strengthen Microsoft’s competitiveness against Apple’s iPhone and Google’s Android-based platforms. Aside from there, there isn’t any other tidbit of information regarding Windows Mobile 6.6. If we want more information, it seems like MWC 2010 will be the place to find out.
Next Story: iPhone 3GS Supreme Rose
- 2012-03-09 Windows Mobile Marketplace to be shut down this May
- 2011-08-10 Caller ID announcement spotted in Windows Phone 7 Mango
- 2011-03-15 Honeycomb theme for your Windows Mobile device
- 2010-11-09 iPhone users spend most with their credit cards among other smartphone owners
- 2010-11-09 Trimble Nomad 900 Series Outdoor Rugged Handheld Computers