Looking to catch live cricket matches? Well, YouTube will be coming to your rescue, as Google has agreed terms with the Indian Premier League to show 60 matches on YouTube over the next season. Bruce Daisley, a Google executive for YouTube has said that they’re keen to see how the community will take to live sport. Google is also busy seeking a global sponsor and local backers to monetize the broadcasts. The first thing that would come to mind would be ad-supported broadcasts, though it will be interesting to see how Google monetizes the whole deal.
Next Story: Is This An iPhone Or Game Boy Advance?
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-08: YouTube Live Streaming Now Supported By Chromecast
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-06: YouTube On-Demand Music Streaming Service Delayed [Report]
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2014-03-03: Pakistan Could End YouTube Ban
- 2011-02-23: Google to bring more live sports to YouTube