Will tablets carve out a niche market for themselves? Perhaps, and if you happen to find the tablet a useful device to have in your work situation, why not go all the way and get a semi-rugged version which will definitely come in handy especially if you fall under the category of klutz and butterfingers? The AIS semi-rugged touchscreen tablet does seem to be able to do the job pretty well with an Intel Atom Z530 1.6GHz processor running the proceedings from within, coupled with a LED sunlight readable touchscreen display, GPS navigation and 3G connectivity. It comes encased in a compact lightweight semi-rugged chassis that tips the scales at 2.6 lbs and features IP54 rated water/dustproof resistance, being capable of withstanding multiple 3-foot drops thanks to its enhanced shock and vibration protection. Other specifications are listed right after the jump.
- Rich I/O Port array for application expansion
- Long Battery Life: up to 6 hours Operating Time (with 2nd Battery)
- 802.11 b/g/n WLAN; Bluetooth V2.0 +EDR
- Hot-Swappable 2nd Battery Option
- Available OS: Windows XP Professional Embedded/Windows XP Embedded
Next Story: Acriche Unveils 100 lm/W AC LED Light