AIST has come up with a brand new see-through display prototyle that is suitable for excitation by near-UV LEDs. It merges both glass with LEDs, making it possible to obtain transparent, flat light sources which were previously unavailable. This kind of glass will then be used to develop transparent displays alongside light sources and displays which rely on solar cells without having to go through any modification process. Guess we could very well see more and more consumer electronic devices in the future that employ such displays for that added coolness factor, eh?
- 2014-02-25: Motorola’s Google Smartwatch Prototype Spotted
- 2013-09-03: Acer Extend Prototype Spotted
- 2013-07-25: Google Could Work On A Different Set Top Device
- 2013-07-03: Bing Maps Spots Prototype Russian Fighter Jet
- 2013-04-19: Mystery Samsung Model Leak Turns Out To Be Galaxy S4 Developer Prototype