Not everyone is able to upgrade their notebook every couple of years to keep up with the latest and the greatest, so if you’re still on a computing boneshaker and want to play games on it while viewing all its past graphical glory on a HDTV, then the Atlona AT-HDVieW ought to be your cup of tea. Powered via USB, it will take both VGA and 3.5mm audio by merging their signals together, sending the resulting output at 1080p via HDMI. On the plus side, the scaler/converter will communicate with your HDTV so that the right output resolution is achieved just in case 1080p looks weird. Looks like a no-brainer of a device which retails for a mere $120.
- 2011-07-26: InFocus IN1100 Projector Series now available
- 2011-07-13: PS3 feature being removed on the sly by Sony?
- 2011-06-02: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play might feature HDMI output
- 2011-05-23: RedMere launches portable micro-HDMI cable for smartphones and tablets
- 2011-05-10: RedMere makes HDMI output from iOS devices a one cable affair
- 2011-04-15: HiSense WHDI: wireless HDMI