Just as you will see plenty of cellphone announcements at Mobile World Congress, PMA 2010 is the place to be if you fancy digital cameras. Canon has unveiled a quartet of new PowerShots there, where two of those are highly advanced models which we’ll look at. The SX210 IS will target advanced users as it boasts an extremely long-range 14X (28-392mm equivalent) lens and a 14-megapixel sensor. You can also record 720p videos on it, while storage shouldn’t be a problem with it playing nice with the new SDXC memory card format. Available in bright black, gold and purple colors, the Canon PowerShot SX210 IS will retail for $350 when it ships later next month. More on the Canon PowerShot SD3500 IS in the extended post.
As for the Canon PowerShot SD3500 IS, this model relies more on ease-of-use to get you settled down comfortably, since it relies more on its 3.5″ touchscreen display while using fewer buttons compared to its predecessors in order to simplify things. The lens is nothing much to shout about with a 5X (24-120mm) lens, although it does have the same 14-megapixel sensor and 720p video as found on the SX210 IS as mentioned earlier. Expect the Canon SD3500 IS to ship at the end of February for $330 a pop.
Next Story: Scale Rug offers (un)friendly welcome
- 2014-04-22 Canon Teases Announcement For 24th April
- 2014-04-17 All White Canon EOS 100D Announced For The UK
- 2014-04-07 Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11 Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2011-08-26 Panasonic Lumix FX90 gets Wi-Fi connectivity
- 2010-01-25 Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS7 unveiled
- 2010-01-29 Upcoming Canon EOS 60D could have swivel display
- 2010-03-31 Kodak Slice now official Stateside
- 2010-05-11 Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS Compact Camera Goes Official