Taiwan ODM manufacturers such as Foxconn and Compal are currently working with LCD manufacturers to roll out frameless displays for notebooks as well as netbooks, where the famous “gorilla glass” that has seen action in Dell’s Adamo laptops and the Motorola Droid will also be used in such displays. Chances are, these frameless displays might mean a serious reduction or total elimination of bezels, while the gorilla glass prevents the LCD and frame from damage. One thing’s for sure – such an introduction will definitely change the way netbooks and notebooks are designed.
Next Story: Samsung N150 netbook comes with more colors
- 2014-02-24: BlackBerry Is Reportedly Bringing Back Trackpads
- 2014-02-17: Foxconn To Encourage Employee Startups
- 2014-02-05: iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-30: Foxconn-Made BlackBerry With OS 10.2 Certified
- 2014-01-26: First BlackBerry-Foxconn Handset To Debut At MWC 2014