Gateway wants to join the ranks of the hip and happening by revamping their latest desktop line, introducing Core i3, i5 and i7 processors alongside a brand new look to keep enthusiasts who want to upgrade their machines happy. One of the more outstanding models would be the FX6831 series gaming tower that boasts a minimal design in an upscale form factor, offering a nifty top peripheral tray with USB and memory card slots. It will run on a speedy 2.8GHz Core i7 processor, aided by a Radeon HD 5850 graphics card with 1.5TB of hard drive space. The base model in the FX family will cost $1,300 upwards, while a premium version with 16GB RAM has a $1,700 sticker price tag. The mid-range market will find the Core i3/i5 processors running inside the DX4831 series, while the SX2840 is a slim machine with a 2.93GHz Core i3 processor within, coupled with 6GB RAM and a 1TB hard drive. Expect to see the entire range hit the market today.
Next Story: Hasselblad H4D-40 DSLR camera
- 2013-08-08: Acer DA241HL/Gateway N1-2400 Hits The FCC
- 2012-05-01: RIM unveils NFC enabled Blackberry Music Gateway
- 2012-01-05: Motorola Connected Home Gateway to be demonstrated at CES 2012
- 2011-06-10: Gateway TP-A60W arrives at the FCC, is rebranded Iconia Tab A500
- 2011-05-23: NetGear ADSL modem and router hybrid starts to ship