Google isn’t going to let the popularity of social networking just pass by them without doing anything about it – word has it that the Internet search giant is taking on Facebook and Twitter on their own turf, thanks to a new module in Gmail which can stream media and status updates of online friends. Hmm, this module more or less resembles a Gmail Labs feature that can be enabled or disabled at the account holder’s discretion. Some might not say that this feature is worthy enough to be a rival since Google has already integrated Twitter updates in its search, but it could be a stab at Facebook considering Facebook is already mulling over plans to introduce their own email service.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2013-09-25: Jimmy Fallon, Justin Timberlake Show Us How Silly #Hashtags Really Are
- 2011-09-15: Facebook Subscribe Button: Playing Catch-Up With Google+
- 2010-02-08: Google Hosting A Special Event On Tuesday