Amazon’s Kindle might still be dominating the eBook scene, but some interesting challengers such as the Barnes & Noble Nook and Apple iPad have appeared (or will be appearing, in the iPad’s case). Things look like it will be getting a lot tougher as LG’s CEO, KW Kim, has also confirmed that the company plans to introduce its own eBook reader by April, albeit in the Middle East and Africa market. Aside from that, the company has also received a global order for a large volume of displays used in Apple’s iPad, and it is also in talks with telecom operator Etisalat to launch a line of notebooks integrated with Google’s operating system, which could mean Chrome OS or Android. There isn’t any mention of how the LG eBook reader will look like, but if it uses the tech from the flexible electronic paper screen we mentioned a while ago, that would be really cool.RELATED
- Vuzix M2000AR First Smartglasses To Use Waveguide Optical Technology
- Samsung Will Reportedly Focus On Smartphone Accessories And Peripherals In 2014
- Amazon Prime Air Video Wasn't Shot In The U.S.
- Chromecast Gets Ten New Content Partners
- ZowPow Plush Toy Controller Targets Kids
- Follow: Amazon, Apple Inc, barnes and noble, ebook, iPad, kindle, LG, nook,
- Seen at: business24-7.ae