This is purely a rumor, boys and girls, but if it is true, then it could possibly be one of the biggest acquisition stories to date – Microsoft buying up Research In Motion (RIM). After all, Microsoft currently needs to get into the hardware business so that it will have better control of the entire user experience, but for Microsoft to purchase RIM? That sounds just impossible, considering RIM has a pretty good gig going on with their line of BlackBerrys worldwide at the moment where smartphones are concerned. What do you think – does this rumor hold any water?
Next Story: SanDisk 64GB Ultra SDXC card ships
- 2014-04-18: Advertisers Reportedly Spending More Money On Bing Now
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-17: Xbox Music Update For Windows Phone 8.1 Coming Next Week
- 2012-10-02: Microsoft's Windows Phone platform gaining on RIM over in Europe
- 2012-09-18: RIM bags license to use Microsoft's exFAT file system
- 2012-04-11: Microsoft to purchase stake in RIM?