This is purely a rumor, boys and girls, but if it is true, then it could possibly be one of the biggest acquisition stories to date – Microsoft buying up Research In Motion (RIM). After all, Microsoft currently needs to get into the hardware business so that it will have better control of the entire user experience, but for Microsoft to purchase RIM? That sounds just impossible, considering RIM has a pretty good gig going on with their line of BlackBerrys worldwide at the moment where smartphones are concerned. What do you think – does this rumor hold any water?
Next Story: SanDisk 64GB Ultra SDXC card ships
- 2014-04-16: Bing.com Gets Personalized Cards
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft Discounting Windows XP Support For Enterprise
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft's New All-In-One Media Keyboard Destined For Your Living Room
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2012-10-02: Microsoft's Windows Phone platform gaining on RIM over in Europe
- 2012-09-18: RIM bags license to use Microsoft's exFAT file system
- 2012-04-11: Microsoft to purchase stake in RIM?