So you think you’ve got a pretty mean setup for your desktop? The NEC P701 certainly takes the cake, as it is a monstrous 70″ in size, albeit maxing out at 1,920 x 1,080 in terms of resolution. Other specifications include a 2,000:1 contrast ratio, a 420 cd/m2 brightness rating with 600 cd/m2 maximum brightness. You will find that the NEC P701 is also equipped with an integrated thermal protection and internal temperature sensors. Nice to know that this industry-standard display relies on a sealed design that keeps dust, grease and steam out so that it can operate just fine under most weather conditions. With an internal clock, the P701 knows when to turn itself off during off-peak hours to further reduce energy consumption. Expect the NEC P701 to roll out this March with an integrated tuner known as the P701-AVT for a yet undisclosed sum.
- 2013-11-14: NEC PaPeRo Petit Announced
- 2013-11-12: NEC Develops Cameraless Monitoring System
- 2013-10-02: NEC NeoFace Face Recognition Technology
- 2013-09-30: NEC Portable DNA Analyzer aims for 30 minute identification window
- 2013-08-01: NEC Quits Making Smartphones, Maintains Tablet Market