The Pharos 565 was recently announced, where it boasts the distinction of being the first rugged PDA in the world that is powered on the Windows Mobile 6.5 operating system. Not many people use PDAs these days since smartphones are full well capable of handling whatever organizational tasks you throw at them, so guess you must be a select band of people to pick the Pharos 565 up. Features are pretty much up to date with a 3.5″ QVGA touchscreen display, a full QWERTY keyboard, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, GPS support, 512MB ROM, 256MB RAM, Office Mobile and a 624MHz Marvell PXA310 processor. It is compliant with the IP54 standard and will be able to shrug off drops from 4 to 5 feet. An unlocked Pharos 565 is going for $529.95 – any takers?
Next Story: Netbook transformed into ebook reader
- 2013-05-21: Caterpillar Announces B15 Rugged Android Smartphone
- 2013-03-12: Runbo X3, The Rambo of smartphones
- 2013-02-25: Caterpillar CAT B15 Rugged Android Jelly Bean Phone Announced
- 2012-05-31: Dell Latitude E6430 ATG
- 2012-03-08: Caterpillar announces CAT B10 rugged Android smartphone