Philips latest Immersive Sound home theatre system might look pretty ordinary with just five satellites, a subwoofer and a base unit, but there is more to it than meets the eye – apparently, this unique audio system contains a trio of speakers, with one pointed forwards while the other two are angled to the left and to the right. This unique setup ensures you receive 360-degree sound regardless of where you are sitting from all 16 speakers. As an added bonus, the base unit is also equipped with a Blu-ray/DVD player and DLNA functionality. Other specifications include Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD audio, stands for the rear speakers, an aluminium finish and a low power consumption of 0.3W. There is no word on pricing or availability though.
Next Story: SanDisk G3 Solid State Drives start shipping
- 2014-04-16: The Philips W6618 Smartphone Comes With A Whopping 5,300mAh Battery
- 2014-04-07: Philips HomeSafe Wireless System Offers Access To Lifeline
- 2014-03-27: Philips Hue Tap Switch Runs On Kinetic Energy
- 2014-03-17: Philips Unveils Miracast Monitor
- 2014-02-17: Philips' Smart Lighting Wants To Change The Way We Shop