The PlanetSolar boat is tipped to make her maiden round-the-world journey sometime next year after taking 13 months to build. It measures around 102 feet long, almost 50 feet wide and stands 24-1/2 feet high, and while this is not the biggest boat in the world, it is the largest where solar-powered vessels are concerned. Hopefully there is a backup power source of sorts just in case you sail through a week-long storm without any sun in sight.
Next Story: Opera 10.5 beta for Mac
- 2014-04-14: Kyocera Installs Solar Cycle Station For Electric Vehicles In Japan
- 2014-04-09: Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08: Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02: Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17: Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth