When we were growing up, almost every kid wanted a super-soaker to drench the other kids, so what can we play with now that we’re grown up? Take a peek at what a Russian company has developed – a system of ship-mounted robots which are designed to fight fires, with the option of blowing pirates out of the water (with water). The robotic water cannons, of which there are 6 on each side of the ship, are controlled by a central computer, and it uses cameras to target pirates that are approaching the ship. As they’re able to shoot streams of water at 40 liters per second, up to a range of 70 meters, you probably wouldn’t want to get hit by this, as it could even sink small boats. Would you pit your robot water cannons against pirates?
- 2014-03-24: Masked Animatronic Robot Dances In An Extremely Lifelike Manner
- 2014-01-06: KEECKER Connected Robot Unveiled
- 2013-12-12: Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- 2013-09-05: “Superman” Robot Lifts 80 Times Its Own Weight
- 2013-06-16: Cat-like Robot Hails From Switzerland