Check out the mechanical engineering class at Yale who have come together in just a single semester, constructing a bicycle that has a spokeless back wheel.
As you’ve probably noticed, only the back wheel is spokeless. This was done for several reasons: Manufacturing the rear wheel/rim was very expensive, so we only had one machined to see if it would work. We knew that if we could get it working for the rear wheel, it would definitely work for the front. But in the end, we ran out of time (class was only one semester long).
Looks real futuristic, and unless they can bring the cost down, we don’t think this design will catch on with the masses.RELATED
- Newsmy Navigation Announces CarPad II Android-Powered DVD Navigation Tool
- Man Willing To Sell A Testicle For A Nissan 370Z
- Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- Honda Gets Deeper iOS Integration With Display Audio
- Spike Away Vest Keeps You Safe From Cramped Commutes
- Follow: bicycle, diy, hack, invention, mod, transportation-tag,
- Seen at: likecool