The Apple iPad isn’t released just yet, but that doesn’t mean companies are not preparing themselves to offer something for Apple’s hotly anticipated tablet when it hits the market this Saturday. Boingo is offering an app for the iPad that allows you to purchase credits for over 125,000 Boingo hotspots located worldwide, giving you access to the Internet as and when you need it. Known as Boingo WiFi Credits, you can “invest” as little as $1.99 in your account, taking advantage of the mapping feature to find the nearest hotspot to you. $1.99 will net you an hour of hotspot access, and it is also good for access via the iPhone and iPod touch. If you think you have the rub of the green, then why not download the app – if you’re the 1,000th person to do so, you will win a free iPad from Boingo.
Next Story: Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac screenshot spotted
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2013-10-14: Samsung And Apple Rumored To Be Working On 12 Inch Tablets
- 2013-10-08: Apple To Hold iPad Event This October 22nd
- 2013-09-05: Scoop.it For iPad
- 2011-03-08: Philips Fidelio SoundSphere docking speakers work with AirPlay
- 2010-03-12: You'll Be Able To Purchase Your iPad Data Plan Directly From The iPad Itself