Is this a genius marketing strategy by Canon, or an arrogant move? Word is out that Canon wants to be the first company to acquire its own Internet top-level domain (TLD) after its name. With that in mind, the company will be applying to ICANN to get the .canon TLD. According to the official announcement, the company “has made the official decision to begin necessary procedures to acquire ‘dot-canon’ upon the introduction of the new system.” It’s expected the company will have to shell out at least $500,000 to prepare and submit the application, and the recurring annual fees looks to be a few tens of thousands. So what will Canon’s future webpage be? www.canon.canon?
- 2014-04-22 Canon Teases Announcement For 24th April
- 2014-04-17 All White Canon EOS 100D Announced For The UK
- 2014-04-15 Lady Talks Her Way To Free Boob Job Via Website
- 2014-04-08 Gogo 2Ku Next Gen Inflight Internet Technology Announced
- 2014-04-07 Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11 Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk