RIM claims that they have a big announcement coming, and it could very well be leaks on BESX and BlackBerry Shield. The former is able to support up to 30 users, and will connect only to Microsoft Exchange. The server will be provided free as a download, where BIS devices are able to hook up to Magellan
, albeit it will cost $5 monthly. As for BlackBerry Shield, this personal security device will address the current solution gap in the BlackBerry by offering the ability for BIS wirelessly backup/restore for consumers. Features include Over the Air calendar and contact Backup/Restore capabilities as well as Remote Kill for device data wipe.
Update: It turned out that there was no $5 fee after all. Great.
Next Story: Enso zenPad Android tablet ships
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2012-01-17: BlackBerry roadmap reveals two tablets and BlackBerry 10 smartphone (leak)
- 2011-11-09: BlackBerry services hit a glitch, but RIM says it is not an outage
- 2011-10-19: T-Mobile's Blackberry Torch 9810 training underway
- 2011-10-17: RIM pacifies customers with free premium apps
- 2011-08-04: BlackBerry Curve 9370 sports LTE support?