Beating Google at anything is good news for any company, but dethroning Google as the most visited site in the US is certainly a feat that any company would trumpet. Who was the culprit? Well, it should be no surprise to anyone to hear that it’s Facebook. According to industry tracker Hitwise, Facebook enjoyed a healthy 185 percent increase in visits, while Google only got a 9 percent increase. That being said, the tracker did not include Google property sites such as Gmail, YouTube and Google Maps. It looks like Google has many challenges ahead of it, what with Facebook, Apple, Twitter and Microsoft all looking to dethrone the search engine giant on the Internet.
Next Story: Leaked Picture Of Xbox 360 Slim Motherboard?
- 2014-04-13: Surgeon Finds Google Glass Indispensable In His Work
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Square Considered By Google And Apple For Purchase Before
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Confirmed: Google Glass Will Be Sold To The Public On 15th April
- 2014-03-04: Yahoo Will Soon Start Blocking Google And Facebook Accounts From Its Services
- 2014-02-26: WhatsApp Didn't Receive A Buyout Offer From Google
- 2014-02-20: Google Reportedly Offered WhatsApp More Than $19bn In Last-Ditch Effort