Beating Google at anything is good news for any company, but dethroning Google as the most visited site in the US is certainly a feat that any company would trumpet. Who was the culprit? Well, it should be no surprise to anyone to hear that it’s Facebook. According to industry tracker Hitwise, Facebook enjoyed a healthy 185 percent increase in visits, while Google only got a 9 percent increase. That being said, the tracker did not include Google property sites such as Gmail, YouTube and Google Maps. It looks like Google has many challenges ahead of it, what with Facebook, Apple, Twitter and Microsoft all looking to dethrone the search engine giant on the Internet.
Next Story: Leaked Picture Of Xbox 360 Slim Motherboard?
- 2014-04-22: Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22: Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21: Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-04-21: Flippypad Concept Shows How Project Ara As A Handheld Gaming Console
- 2014-04-21: Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-03-04: Yahoo Will Soon Start Blocking Google And Facebook Accounts From Its Services
- 2014-02-26: WhatsApp Didn't Receive A Buyout Offer From Google