Beating Google at anything is good news for any company, but dethroning Google as the most visited site in the US is certainly a feat that any company would trumpet. Who was the culprit? Well, it should be no surprise to anyone to hear that it’s Facebook. According to industry tracker Hitwise, Facebook enjoyed a healthy 185 percent increase in visits, while Google only got a 9 percent increase. That being said, the tracker did not include Google property sites such as Gmail, YouTube and Google Maps. It looks like Google has many challenges ahead of it, what with Facebook, Apple, Twitter and Microsoft all looking to dethrone the search engine giant on the Internet.RELATED
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Canned French Air Selling For $7.50 Each Is Making A Large Profit For Student
- AT&T Not Open To Sharing Government Requests With The Public
- Major Tech Companies Call For NSA Reforms
- Follow: Facebook, Google, stats,
- Seen at: ft